Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Review of the Take Flight Dolman by Little Kiwis Closet


Hello everyone!  Welcome to my humble blog home!  Today, I am reviewing the Take Flight Dolman by Little Kiwis Closet.  (Disclosure: I received this pattern in exchange for my honest review!)  So before I show you my dolman and bombard you with my opinions of the pattern I will give you all of the particulars about it.

The Take Flight Dolman ranges from size NB to 12 years. There are 3 sleeve options (short, short with cuff and long with cuff) and three different hem options (hi-lo, curved and banded).  From cutting the paper to wearing the shirt, I would estimate that this pattern took about 1 hour. Assembly was super easy and I was making two at one time.  

I chose the short sleeve with cuff and the banded hem.  I knew Bug would love the banded hem but she generally does not tolerate long sleeves or cuffs well so I was stepping into the unknown.  I choose a reddish orange and black aztec print I scored from Girl Charlee. I was honestly not sure about this top after I had it sewn.  But as soon as my diva tried it on we were both sold.  The look is so comfy and trendy and it gave her enough of a "grown up" feel while being long enough to pair with leggings and boots.




Isn't she feeling fabulous? LOL. Admittedly, I was feeling a little jealous of my little fashionista so I had to figure something out... then the amazingly talented Lydia of Little Kiwis Closet let me in on a secret.... There will soon be a women's version!  So of course I sewed up one of those really quick and I have a new go to top!  I love the oversized slouchy feel and I can also throw on a pair of leggings.  And a little mommy/daughter modeling fun!  




So head over and grab a copy of the Take Flight Dolman.  And then keep a watchful eye on the LKC facebook group for the women's dolman!  And let me know what you think!  Thanks for reading and come back soon!



1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric choice! Dolmans... I think they must be the best quick sew shirt around. Who doesn't love that?!

    ReplyDelete